New Homewood Community Center
(Most recent updates appear at top of page)
Foundations Phase Cont. (June 2013)
June 2013 Construction Tasks
- Placement of North Retaining wall completed late May. Back-fill of the retaining wall with stone is ongoing.
- Foundation construction for the cast in place foundation wall along Column Line 18 continues.
- Construction and spread of foundations at Level 0 (Pool Level – patio area, men’s and women’s locker areas) will continue.
- Underground rough in for the plumbing, electrical and pool piping will begin within the next 2 weeks.
- Installation of 36” reinforced concrete pipe for the storm system at the North East portion of the site has been completed. Installation of 60” RCP at new parking lot is now ongoing.
Site Work & Foundations Phase (April – May 2013)
May 2013 Construction Tasks
- Excavation, forming, and placement of the foundation for the North Retaining wall.
- Veterans Landscaping anticipates completing a significant portion of the cast in place – North Retaining wall during the week of 5/6/13.
- Fine grading of the building pad at Pool Level will be completed week of 4/30/13.
- Amason and Associates (Bid Package 3) will mobilize week of 5/6/13.
- Foundation wall and corresponding foundations along Column Line 18 at Pool Level are anticipated to begin week of 5/13/13.
- Construction of the foundations at Pool Level (Patio Area, Mens and Womens Locker areas) is anticipated to begin
- Excavation and site preparation for the new pool area is anticipated to begin week of 5/20/13.
Ground Breaking Ceremony (March 15, 2013)
Demolition Phase (February 4th – March 13th)
Demolition of Homewood Community Center & sorting of materials for recycling. Original Homewood Pool was found buried under most current pool at site. This added several days to this phase of project; due to having to excavate a second unknown pool.
Pre Demolition Phase (January 14th – February 3rd)
This phase consists of asbestos abatement, utilities being disconnected, trees removal, silt & site fencing installed, early demolition of: Pavilion #1, House on Manhattan St. and BBQ Pit.